This company is counted among one of the foremost American multinational energy corporations. Its head quarter is situated in Energy Corridor district of Houston, Texas, USA. In world wise terms, it is the largest company in independent pure-play exploration and production and is one of the top companies in Fortune 500 companies which is no small feat. This company is the result of merging of two well-known companies, Conoco Inc. and Phillips Petroleum Co. on August 30, 2002.
In 2012, ConocoPhillips created a new company Phillips 66 from its downstream assets. If we trace its roots, the company Conoco Inc was founded in 1875 and was based in Ogden, Utah. The company was a distributor in the west in fields like coal, candles, oil, kerosene etc. The other company Phillips Petroleum Co has its head quarter in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. In 2005, ConocoPhillips started re branding its seventy-six gas stations which was the possession of Phillips from Tosco Corp before the companies merged.
The move made a big impact on their fans and made them to file petition in the court to retain their very popular signage, the historic 76 orange ball signage. Richard Armitage was welcomed aboard in the board of directors on May 10, 2006. He was the former deputy-secretary of the US state department. In 2007, the Chevron Corp converted all gas stations of Conoco in Mississippi to Texaco brand. The company’s sole focus is on exploring for, developing and producing oil and natural gas globally. It manages its operations through its six operating segments which are defined by the geo graphic regions they are placed in.